1. Explore (2-3 weeks)
- The first step is the initial phone call. We will ask many questions to determine if we are a good fit for you and discuss what your project will look like. If all looks good, we will schedule our first meeting: the in-home consultation. We will email you our “what to expect at our first meeting” document to look over with some “homework” before our first meeting.
- The in-home consultation is meant to help us help you. This is when we listen to what you like and don’t like about your home to get a feel for the changes you wish to make. This way we can make sure the project is catered to your specific tastes and needs. Also at this time, we will take preliminary measurements, talk about some different possibilities, and discuss your budgets.
- Once we have a good idea of your project expectations, we will schedule the second meeting to review our Project Development Agreement. The agreement will include a basic scope of work and budgets. We charge 50% of our development fee to start the design and the other half will be due when the design process is done and ready for a fixed contract price. If the agreement is signed, we will move forward to the “Design Phase”.
2. Design (4-8 weeks)
- Once the Project Development Agreement is signed, we will schedule our third meeting. For this meeting, our design team will join us to help set the final numbers and prepare to start the drawings. Depending on the project, we may have a full set of construction plans with elevations, or we may only need a detailed cabinet drawing.
- While the plans are being developed, we will provide you with a list of where to go for all of your project's amenities. If needed, we have designers that can take you shopping and help select products. During the design phase, we select all products and materials that will be used, including cabinets, countertops, tiles, flooring, trim, paint colors, plumbing fixtures, lights, etc.
- Our fourth meeting will consist of all specialized trade partners coming to the job site to look it over and diagnose any potential problems.
- The goal of the design phase is to have a firm-fixed-price quotation along with all amenities and materials selected for the project. Once this is done, we are ready to present the fixed-price contract. We will set up another meeting to go over the contract and details/specifications. Once this contract is signed, your project will be put into our construction schedule.
3. Construction (4 weeks - 9 months)
- A week or two before construction begins, we will conduct a meeting with the team who will be working on your project. We will go over details such as placement of restroom, entry to a worksite, location of lumber drops, etc.
- One of the first steps of construction will be to ensure the protection of your home by putting up plastic walls and running barriers between the construction zone and other parts of your home.
- During the construction process, you will have daily communication with your project manager to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
- Our team will keep your job site to a broom-swept finish every night.
- Once the job gets to 95% completion, we will do a walkthrough with you to make a final punch-list. Once this punch-list is completed, the final payment will be due.